Next Run: Brussels 42K

2012-10-07 09:00:00 GMT+01:00

Rainradar

Click on the image or here for large image!

Sunday 16 December 2007

Stretching: The Quadriceps

A few times before I have written about stretching.

Recently I read an article in 'Gym Kaderinfo' a magazine about gymnastics (which used to do for some 15 years when I was a bit younger). In the article, the doctor John Mens discusses the use of stretching and basically he states that it is useless. However with the article is a picture of this good man stretching his Quadriceps. I have no scanner at hand so you´ll have to do with my figures. It looked a bit like this:


Added 2/1/08 scanned image from article:

I could be wrong but to me this is not the right way to stretch your quadriceps. Body to the front, the leg he is standing on overstretched. With this kind of examples I can understand that to him stretching is nog usefoull;-)
This is how I learned your quadriceps should be stretched:

  1. raise your heel to your buttocks
  2. genlty bend the leg your standing on

  3. tilt your pelvis a bit (in the direction of the arrow, belly in)

  4. bring the knee of your raise leg slowly to the back building the tention in the muscle

Your pose will look like this figure:


Or use the clip from the asics site as inspiration.

















No comments:

Post a Comment